Re: Multiple Title Tags

by Kid Stevens <Kidstevens(at)comcast.net>

 Date:  Thu, 13 Jun 2002 08:15:37 -0600
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
How about the Basic HTML standards from 1.0 to 4.01?  Only one title
allowed, in the head only.  The browsers won't read more than one and with
a trend towards hand editing coming about, then funny marketing tricks will
die anyway.

At 9:05 AM -0400 6/13/02, Darrell King wrote:
>I've dug through the XHTML Recommendation and found that apparently only a
>single title tag set is allowed (and required) within the head of a given
>HTML document.  There is a person who recommends using several such tags for
>marketing reasons.  Anyone have an opinion on this?

>W3C XHTML 1.0 Strict Recommendation snippet:
>
><!--StartFragment--><!ENTITY % head.misc "(script|style|meta|link|object)*">
>
><!-- content model is %head.misc; combined with a single
>     title and an optional base element in any order -->
>
><!ELEMENT head (%head.misc;,
>     ((title, %head.misc;, (base, %head.misc;)?) |
>      (base, %head.misc;, (title, %head.misc;))))>
>
><!ATTLIST head
>  %i18n;
>  profile     %URI;          #IMPLIED
>  >

><!-- The title element is not considered part of the flow of text.
>       It should be displayed, for example as the page header or
>       window title. Exactly one title is required per document.
>    -->
><!ELEMENT title (#PCDATA)>
><!ATTLIST title %i18n;>

>Thanx,

Sincerely,
Kid Stevens

"I spend so much time alone that I begin to lose my humanity."
Yes I stole that from the movie "Wing Commander" and changed 3 words to suit me